Contact, how to arrive:
Address: 8100 Várpalota, Gagarin utca 3.
GPS: 47.191137, 18.132992
E-mail: bfnp at bfnp dot hu
Letter: Balaton Uplands National Park Directorate, 8229 Csopak, Kossuth u. 16.
Please keep distance (1,5 m) and wear a mask.
Thank you for your understanding!
Opening hours: by prior arrangement
Adult: 500 HUF/person
Discounted*: 400 HUF/person
Child (3–14 years of age): 300 HUF/person
The admission fee includes VAT and the fee of accident insurance of visitors.
- at least 5 persons together can book for a guided visit (or less than 5 persons if required, but in these cases the admission fee of 5 persons need to be paid);
- the admission fee must be paid also if guidance is not needed for any reasons (e.g. field trip of a geology department of a higher education institute);
Please provide the following data for the booking:
- name and postal address of the person who orders the visit;
- billing name and address (if it differs from the name and postal address, and tax number if the client is not a private person);
- planned date of the required visit (date and starting time);
- number of people of the visiting group, age composition;
- name and cell phone number of the person representing the group;
- would you like to receive the original invoice and the confirmation letter of the visit by post?
Payment of the entrance fee:
Between 1. November and 6. March: At site, by cash, against receipt or invoice
Between 7. March and 31. October: The invoice and the confirmation of the visit will be sent by e-mail (and also by post, if required). The invoice has to be settlet by bank transfer or by payment at the post office.
Dogs only on a lead please!
Disused Sand Quarry - Várpalota:
The one time sand quarry is located in one of the streets of this little town, Várpalota. Groups can participate in a visit of the nature conservation area, guided by an expert guide. Visitors can closely observe the spectacular cross-laminated sand wall of the interpretation site.
The sand wall preserved the fossils of bivalves and snails of an ancient subtropical sea that used to ripple at the site where the sand layers were developed. It is unique in Hungary that the remains of more than 400 species of molluscs and almost 100 unicellular species with shells made up of calcium carbonate have been discovered at this sand quarry.
Take a closer look and you will see tiny miracles! Discover the fossilized creatures of an ancient subtropical sandy beach!
Discover the fossilized creatures of an ancient subtropical sandy beach!
- the interpretive site can be visited only by prior arrangement, with a professional guide;
- the guided visit is guaranteed by the National Park Directorate only if the arrangement of the visit is done 6 days before the visit until 10 am, at latest. If the visit is required later or on the day of the visit, the guided visit may be provided only on grounds of equity;
- at least 5 persons together can book for a guided visit (or less than 5 persons if required, but in these cases the entrance fee of 5 persons need to be paid);
- the entrance fee must be paid also if guidance is not needed for any reasons (e.g. field trip of a geology department of a higher education institute);
- booking of guided visits is possible: via telephone +36 70 682 4340, +36 87 555 282, fax +36 88 555 261, by e-mail to viktorzsuzsanna at bfnp dot hu, for by mail to Balaton Uplands National Park Directorate, 8229 Csopak, Kossuth u. 16.
Dogs only on a lead please!
The area of the Bakony–Balaton Geopark includes this exhibition site and its surroundings as well.