Due to the current pandemic crisis, we remain temporarily closed!
Thank you for your understanding!
Please keep a safe distance (1,5 m) and wear a mask.
At the cinema you can only sit in every third chair.
We follow the key hygiene regulations.
The use of masks is mandatory without exception!
Thank you for your understanding!
C ontact, how to arrive:
Address: H-8237 Tihany, Major utca 67. at the Inner Lake (Belső-tó)
Parking: in the parking lot
GPS: 46.90922, 17.88794
E-mail: levendulahaz at gmail dot com
19th June - 31st August.: 9 a. m - 6 p.m.
1 - 30 September: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1st October - 1st November: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
from 11st November: CLOSED
By public transport:
There is no direct train connection to Tihany, only bus connection. The nearest railway station is in Balatofüred. You need to take a bus to Tihany at the bus terminal, located next to the railway station. If you arrive by bus you also need to change buses in Balatonfüred. Please get off the bus at the bus station called "Tihany alsó". As you get off the bus, a street at the opposite side leads you down. When you arrive to a junction, turn to the right and after a few 10 meters you will see Lavender House Visitor centre. Bus and train schedule | Ship schedule
From the direction of Balatonfüred: take the second road (the first leads to the ferry) turning left from main road number 71 to approach Tihany. From the direction of Aszófő: take the second road to the right (the first leads to Sajkod). When you arrive to the village, take the second street to the right, which is Major street. This is the street of Lavender House. This street leads you down to Belső-tó (Inner Lake), where you will see the big white building of Lavender House Visitor Centre on the right hand side. In the courtyard is a free of charge parking lot
The ticket office closes 30 minutes before the closing time of the Visitor Centre!
Other appointments can be arranged for at least 10 persons.
|Adult:||1 200 HUF|
|Discounted*:||1 000 HUF|
|Child under 3 years:||free|
|Child (3-14 years):||600 HUF|
|Child (15-18 years):||1 000 HUF|
|Family ticket - 2 adults and 2 children (3-14 years):||3 000 HUF|
|Further own children (3-14 years) to family ticket:||400 HUF|
|Nature and handicraft workshops for groups**:||600 HUF|
|Levendula Ház & Lavender Tihany combined ticket:||1 500 HUF|
|Toilet/bathroom use (without entrance ticket:)||200 HUF|
** Prior booking is needed min. 2 days before the day of the workshop. Workshops are held during opening hours, with min. 10 people.
The admission fee includes VAT and the fee of accident insurance of visitors.
All of our services are free for children betwen 0-3 years of age.
The fee of toilet use (for those who do not buy an entrance or handicraft ticket): 200 HUF/person.
The Lavender House Visitor Centre – the Eastern gate of the Bakony–Balaton Geopark – presents Tihany Peninsula in a way that provides special entertainment for young and old alike. The Lavender House also serves as the visitor centre of the European Diploma Awarded Volcanic Area of Tihany.
The once raging fire of the volcanoes and the harmony of the landscape that was shaped as a result of it is interpreted in the visitor centre by a short, spectacular film (also available in English) and by an interactive exhibition (with English interpretive boards). We will show you the centuries-long co-existence of people and nature along with the emblematic culture that developed from it: lavender production.
Services of the Visitor Centre:
- Dance of the bees room – Detailed information about and program recommendations for Tihany Peninsula, the Balaton Uplands National Park and the Bakony–Balaton Geopark.
- Herbal medicine – Souvenir shop: Products of and about nature. Many local products sold here celebrate the beauty, the fragrance and the flavour of lavender!
- Activity room – The premises of special activities: about nature – not for kids only. Handicrafts activities, presentations.
- A glimpse of Tihany – The park of the visitor center offers several other programs and games from a maze to a lavender garden, from a belvedere to a walkway that introduces you to the living creatures of the reeds.
- Tea House – Charming catering.
- Magical Hungary – The 116 best photos of the Magical Hungary photo contest can be seen in the Lavender House Visitor Centre at every hour, projected in the projection room. Only here in Hungary! The projected photos reflect excellently the outstanding diversity of the flora and fauna of the national parks in Hungary. They also prove that Hungarian nature photographers are able to show our natural heritage at world class level.
It is not allowed to take animals to the Lavender House Visitor Centre.
The area of the
Bakony–Balaton Geopark includes this exhibition site and its surrounding as well.